Registering a domain
- Click the Register button to begin the domain registration process.
- A web browser window will be opened, with the first step of the domain registration process. Enter the domain name you wish to purchase, and tick the boxes to indicate which domain extensions you are interested in. Click the GO button to proceed.
- The available domains will be displayed. Tick the box next to the domain(s) that you wish to purchase. Click the show pricing button to check the pricing, and click the Check Out button when ready. If none of the domains are available to purchase, click the browser's back button, and enter a different domain.
- If you have previously purchased a domain(s) via this system, enter your login information and click the Log in button. Otherwise fill out the form to create a new account. When finished, click the Continue button.
- Select the registration period for the domain and click the recalculate button. If you have selected to register multiple domains, ensure that the checkboxes are ticked. Click the continue button to proceed.
- Review the contact details for the domain, and edit if required. Please note that if a false email address is supplied, you will not receive expiry/renewal notices. Click the continue button to proceed.
- Some countries place restrictions on who can purchase a domain name. eg. To purchase an Australian domain name, the purchaser must have an ABN or ACN, business registration number or trademark number. If there are any specific requirements for the domain(s) you have selected, they will be displayed at this point.
- Enter the DNS information for the domain, or opt to park the domain. If a domain is parked, it cannot be used to display a website. DNS settings are in the format of a hostname. eg. ns1.test.com. Click the continue button to proceed.
- Check that the information is correct, and click the continue button to proceed.
- Enter your credit card details and click the confirm and pay button. Note that this is a secure website.
- The domain has now been registered, and you will receive a confirmation email. To login and change domain information/settings, visit https://www.planetdomain.com/trellian/regwiz1.jsp and enter your username and password in the member login section.