Trellian Direct Search Network
- How to access the API
- API Queries
- Country List
- Error Codes
- Usage Limits
- Code Examples
- Support and Help
API Queries - Update Folder
The update_folder function allows you to change settings or the status of an existing folder. This function requires additional parameters. Although optional parameters are not all required, at least one must be included. Failing to include required parameters or at least one optional will result in an error response.
- folder - Name of folder to update. (Required)
- active - To Stop or Activate the folder, use values. 0 or 1, respectively (Optional)
Note: Make sure to URL encode all values, especially the folder name.
Example query and response
In this example, we will be stopping the folder "Credit Cards".
Note the URL encoding on the values.
<results> <result Setting="Active" Success="1" Value="0" /> </results>
The result for the setting update will be shown (represented by Success="1", meaning it was successful). The above response means that the folder's status is now stopped (represented by Value="0").
Possible error responses for this function are:
- 412 - Folder is a required argument for this mode.
- 413 - No changes were requested.
- 420 - Folder could not be found.
- 421 - Folder name may only contain letters, digits or spaces.
- Other general errors, such as 200 - Internal Error or 300 - Username or password invalid.
For a complete list of error responses, see the Error Codes manual page.